Although the choir has always had in its repertoire a wide variety of music - both sacred and secular,
in recent years, this has been substantially broadened to include arrangements by our Musical Director
Sam Cuddy, such as 'The Promise', Leonard Cohen's 'Hallelujah' and 'Carrickfergus'.
The Spring series takes a theme, e.g. this year it was 'Swing' and included 'Alexander's
Ragtime Band', 'New York, New York', 'Put a Little Love in Your Heart' and 'Oh Happy Day'.
We also perform songs and medleys from stage and screen, including 'les Miserables',
'Miss Saigon' 'Phantom of the Opera' and 'The Sound of Music', to name but a few.
Our 2011 Christmas concert series ends with 'A Choral Christmas Cracker' in the Burnavon Theatre, Cookstown.
Each year the choir also has a chance to collaborate with their twinned town choir, Plene Voce, to put on a concert either
in Northern Ireland or France. This concert provides the opportunity for the choir to undertake both modern and classic songs. For more information
on the choir's pairing with Plene Voce please visit the Twinned Town page.
Sperrin Choir & Plene Voce Concert
Below is a recording of the most recent concert in France.
Please be aware that the ability to skip forward in the music files depends on your browser.
Part 1 (Chorale Plena Voce)
Conductor- Carole de Nocera
Accompanist - Jacqueline Maes
- The Rhythm of Life (Manken/Ashman)
- Improviso (G De Marzi)
- Le renouveau (Charles d'Orleans/Koechlin)
- Le Roi Arthur (R Passaquet)
- Les Chansons des Roses (Rilke/Lauridsen) No 4: Rose complete No 5 Dirait-on
- Locus Iste (Bruckner)
- Le Cantique de Jean Racine (G Faure)
- The Majesty and Glory of Your Name (Fettke)
Part 2 (Sperrin Choir)
- The King of Love (arr Sam Cuddy)
- Harbour Lights (Jimmy Kennedy)
- Red Sails in the Sunset (Jimmy Kennedy)
- Our Island Barque (Phil Coulter)
- Run (Snow Patrol)
- Days like this (Van Morrison)
- Phil the Fluter's Ball (Percy French)
- Slieve Gallion Braes (trad)
- Londonderry Air (arr Bob Chilcott)
Part 3 (finale - other music file - joint choirs)
- Signore Delle Cime (G De Marzi)
- The Prayer of Saint Patrick (C F Alexander/J Rutter)
- There is a Green Hill far away (C F Alexander/Stubbins)
- An Irish Blessing (trad)