Although the choir has always had in its repertoire a wide variety of music - both sacred and secular,
in recent years, this has been substantially broadened to include arrangements by our Musical Director
Sam Cuddy, such as 'The Promise', Leonard Cohen's 'Hallelujah' and 'Carrickfergus'.
The Spring series usually takes a theme. In 2016 we performed a series of songs from well known musicals, such as Les Miserables, Oliver and West Side Story. In 2017 we remembered Elvis Presley, on the 40th Anniversary of his passing, with a great programme of his well-known Rock hits and many of his famous Gospel songs. In 2018 we are looking at some of the songs from the Great American Songbook.
We have also had a season of songs by Irish composers from Van Morrison and Phil Coulter to Jimmy Kennedy and Percy French.
For the Christmas concerts in the Burnavon Theatre, Cookstown we have a mix of well-known carols, some with unusual arrangements and others more instantly recognisable.
Most years the choir also has a chance to collaborate with their twinned town choir, Plena Voce, to put on a concert either
in Northern Ireland or France. This concert provides the opportunity for the choir to undertake both modern and classic songs. For more information
on the choir's pairing with Plena Voce please visit the Twinned Town page.
Sperrin Choir & Plena Voce Concert
Below is a recording of one of the joint concerts in France.
Please be aware that the ability to skip forward in the music files depends on your browser.
Part 1 (Chorale Plena Voce)
Conductor- Carole de Nocera
Accompanist - Jacqueline Maes
- The Rhythm of Life (Manken/Ashman)
- Improviso (G De Marzi)
- Le renouveau (Charles d'Orleans/Koechlin)
- Le Roi Arthur (R Passaquet)
- Les Chansons des Roses (Rilke/Lauridsen) No 4: Rose complete No 5 Dirait-on
- Locus Iste (Bruckner)
- Le Cantique de Jean Racine (G Faure)
- The Majesty and Glory of Your Name (Fettke)
Part 2 (Sperrin Choir)
- The King of Love (arr Sam Cuddy)
- Harbour Lights (Jimmy Kennedy)
- Red Sails in the Sunset (Jimmy Kennedy)
- Our Island Barque (Phil Coulter)
- Run (Snow Patrol)
- Days like this (Van Morrison)
- Phil the Fluter's Ball (Percy French)
- Slieve Gallion Braes (trad)
- Londonderry Air (arr Bob Chilcott)
Part 3 (finale - other music file - joint choirs)
- Signore Delle Cime (G De Marzi)
- The Prayer of Saint Patrick (C F Alexander/J Rutter)
- There is a Green Hill far away (C F Alexander/Stubbins)
- An Irish Blessing (trad)